Wills and Probate
One of our areas of expertise is in extracting the Grant of Probate / Grant of Letters of Administration in a quick and efficient manner.
Our lawyer completes most of his Grant of Probate / Letters of Administration matters in about a month from the initial consultation with the client (provided all the assets of the estate are provided)
We welcome you to have a FREE CONSULTATION with us to understand how we can complete your Grant of Probate / Letters of Administration matter within one month. You will only make payment when you decide to proceed with the matter and we file your court documents for you.
Grant of Probate
Someone in your family has passed away. You have been named the executor of the Will.
We can help you extract the Grant of Probate for S$1,150 all in.
Letters of Administration
Someone in your family has passed away without leaving a Will We can help you extract the Letters of Administration for S$1,150 to S$1,500 all in.
Assumptions for fixed price Grant of Probate / Letters of Administration packages
The fixed price packages assume that the following conditions are met:-
- The deceased is domiciled in Singapore.
- The value of the estate is less than S$3 million.
- The matter is non-contentious.
- There are no caveats lodged against the estate of the deceased.
- The Will (if any) is valid and defect free. If defects exist in the Will (i.e. the Probate Registry asks for an Affidavit of Due Execution to be filed), the cost incurred to rectify the defects will be charged separately.
- If the deceased passed away before 2015, an additional $100 will be charged because additional caveat searches need to be done.
- If more than 1 letter of renunciation is required, the additional letters of renunciation will be charged at S$100 each.
- If more than 1 administrator / executor is required, the cost for the additional administrators / executors will be charged at S$200 each.
- If there are minority interests in the estate, an additional S$850 will be charged because an additional application to safeguard the interests of the minority interests beneficiary needs to be done.
- If there are persons lacking mental capacity as one of the beneficiaries, an additional S$1,000 will be charged because an additional application to safeguard the interests of the beneficiary lacking mental capacity needs to be done.
- We will write to the four main local banks (i.e. OCBC, POSB, DBS, UOB). If you want us to write to any other local institutions (e.g. insurers, other banks, etc), an additional S$50 will be charged for each institution that you instruct us to write to. Additional fees for writing to overseas institutions will be charged on a case by case basis.
- Fees requested by the institutions to release information required to complete the Schedule of Assets will be borne by you.
- Any translation fee that is required for documents that are not all in English will be borne by you.
No hidden charges
Subject to the qualifications set out above, there are no hidden charges.
We do not charge GST.
All disbursements and court filing fees will be included as part of the fixed price packages.
Resealing of Foreign Grant of Probate
We can help you reseal a foreign grant of probate for a fixed legal professional fee of $2,500 exclusive of disbursements and court filing fees.
Please kindly note that the fees quoted above are for non-Muslim estates.
Please kindly note that the fees quoted above are for estates where the deceased passed away on and after 15 February 2008.